Monday, August 20, 2012

Amazing Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe

So the other day I was on pinterest. If you have a pinterest, you know how this is. One minute you want to craft, the next go exercise and then you say 'F it, I want chocolate. Well, I went with the chocolate. I looked around on my dessert board and found some really delicious looking cookies. They were chocolate chip cookies from "i am baker."

This is the recipe I "followed"

The
New York Times Chocolate Chip Cookies
2 cups minus 2 tablespoons (8 1/2 ounces) cake
flour
1 2/3 cups (8 1/2 ounces) bread flour
*I only used all purpose flour for my recipe.
1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt
2 1/2 sticks (1 1/4 cups) unsalted butter
1 1/4 cups (10 ounces) light brown sugar
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons (8 ounces) granulated
sugar
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/4 pounds chocolate chips

Sift flours, baking soda, baking powder and salt
into a bowl and set aside.
Using a mixer with a paddle attachment, cream
butter and sugars until light and fluffy – about 5 minutes. Add eggs. Stir in vanilla. Reduce to low speed and add dry ingredients slowly,
mixing until just combined. Fold in chocolate chips. Refrigerate dough for
24-36 hours.
When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350.
Drop spoonfuls of dough
onto baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes.



Now, when I say followed, I mean used the same ingredients. Here was my dilemma: I couldn't mind the teaspoons. Plus I'm not the person who measures out specifics - like a cup minus 2 tablespoons. So I just kind of average - a little below the cup mark. I did this for everything. I didn't have my teaspoon set so I just used a normal spoon. Other changes I made:
  • Added butterscotch chips and walnuts
  • Didn't "truly" cream the butter and sugars. Just mixed vigorously with a fork for about 5 minutes
  • Only chilled them for an hour
  • Chilled them in the freezer between batches
  • Cooked them for only 8 minutes
  • Left them on the pan for 3 extra minutes 
These little changes still made AMAZING cookies. 

I snapped some pictures for reference. 






 This is the batter before dry ingredients. It was SUPER sugary, which of course means I ate about a 1/4 of it before continuing. Don't worry if it is really wet, that's how mine was too.





 I added all the dry ingredients. It cut the sugary taste a enough to make me eat another 1/4.





 They went on the pan really easy. Make sure you spray the pan first.



When you first pop the cookies out of the oven, they are super soft and fluffy. I left them on the tray for another 3 minutes.



 This is the cookies after 3 minutes. They flattened out. My cookies ended up flatish - but SO good. As in the type of cookies you eat 12 of before realizing you just ate 12 of them.

 


Has anyone else tried this recipe? Has anyone else tried my version? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment