Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Redesigning

So last weekend when I went home, my mom asked me if I wanted to repaint my room. My room is bright blue and a very vibrant light green. I chose those colors when I was ten, or even younger. It is not a college student's room, it is definitely a child's.
Because my favorite color is purple, that was my first choice for a room color. Do you know how hard it is to find purple room ideas? It is hard!! A lot of rooms that came up had purple accents instead of actually a purple room. So here is what I have found:
A purple and teal color scheme is very popular. But it is so hard to put together! I love the color scheme because I have a lot of teal things along with purple. But it is hard to incorporate the ideas into my room.
This was my idea.
I wanted to use dark colors because my bedspread uses dark purples. But it looks really young still, I think. So I tried lightening it up a bit.
That just looks weird too. So I tried going with purple, teal and beige. This was also pretty big when I was googling.


So this was my attempt:

This is just way too boring for me. I want fun! I want inspiring colors and atmosphere. So I went back to the drawing board and looked at some more pictures:



Here was my idea:
I think I really like this one. I like the mixture of the three different shades of purple. I also tried this version of the three purples:
So, I honestly have clue what I want to do with my room. I definitely want it to be artistic, crazy, a little mixed matched and well, me. If you have any ideas, let me know!






No comments:

Post a Comment