Saturday, February 23, 2013

Line project

For this project we focused on line. Not just drawing straight and curvy and zigzag lines. That's for high schoolers. We learned line by sticking a piece of tracing paper up to a tv and drawing the lines as the pictures move.

This part of the assignment was a lot of fun. I got to watch and draw spongebob. Who could complain about that?

The second part was what was tough. We had to color them in, in anyway, using grey scale tones. Now, it sounds easy, but it's not. You have to think: what can I do to make this look interesting, and not like a kindergartener did it?

The critique went really well. I liked that we actually learned instead of just saying, I like that one cause it has movement. Learning about the words with the pictures in front of us was helpful.

Overall, I liked this project. I'm not sure I would do it again, or if I did, try to take a different approach to it somehow.





No comments:

Post a Comment