Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Wayne State: The best and worst of according to College Prower. com

I'll be honest. I'm sitting here in MANO, pretty bored and unable (more like not wanting to) to start readings for my classes. So I googled review products free college. I hate that most product reviewing is aimed towards moms. Just cause I'm not a mom yet doesn't mean I don't know how to test stuff out. And trust me, I'm really good at the testing durability point in the review. My computer can account to this. Anyways, I noticed a website call CollegePrower.com show up. I had no clue what it was, but it sounded interesting. So of course, I clicked it. I entered Wayne State University to the search box and tada stats and reviews of my beloved (lol) college showed up. I found the best and worst parts the most interesting:

Worst Of

Lowest Grades

  • C Guys - This I can attest to. Guys here are kinda creepy.
  • C Parking - If you read my last post you'll understand why I agree
  • C Transportation
  1. 1
    Weather has a mind of its own. - This I think is unfair. Its Michigan weather, not WSU weather or Detroit weather. Which means all MI colleges/universities better have this one.
  2. 2
    Parking is terrible without a pass. - again, read my last post.
  3. 3
    Homeless sometimes gather around the student center when the police are not watching. - This makes me laugh for one reason "when the police are not watching" AKA NEVER.
  4. 4
    In the winter, the maintenance crew isn't always up before first classes at 7/8 am and the sidewalks may be snow covered.
  5. 5
    Dorm prices
  6. 6
    Off campus housing at reasonable prices - why is this a bad thing? I don't understand
  7. 7
    Reputation isn't as high as other schools. - This I don't believe. We have a pretty good rep.
  8. 8
    Some departments have instructors that don't speak English very well. - 2 words: MATH PROFESSORS. I stopped going to class after the third week because I only understood about 10th of what my asian prof said.
  9. 9
    Some lab equipment is older.
  10. 10
    Changing majors can be difficult if you don't have all of the necessary paperwork.

This is the stuff in the best section:

Best Of

Highest Grades

  • A- Diversity - This makes me laugh. The school is right in the middle of a large African-American populated city, next to a large population of Arabic-Americans and then surrounded by middle class white people. DUH ITS GOING TO BE DIVERSE.
  • B+ Drug Safety
  • B+ Nightlife
  1. 1
    Faculty/staff members are amazing and very willing to help students - This I agree with. I haven't had a bad teacher when it comes willingness to help students. Everyone seems to love their job.
  2. 2
    Range of diversity
  3. 3
    Private bathrooms in the dorms
  4. 4
    The dining hall actually has good food.
  5. 5
    Classes are centrally located. - This I love too. Plus if you are taking mostly major related classes, there is a good chance that they will all be in the same building.
  6. 6
    Broad range of majors - while you can't major in underwater basket weaving or Klingon, there is probably a major close.
  7. 7
    There is always something to do in Detroit.
  8. 8
    Honors students get free passes to museums.
  9. 9
    Discounted sporting events tickets - This is true. But it is usually very little off, or like spending $20 more than normal price and get a free hotdog and shuttle!
  10. 10
    There are so many opportunities to improve your knowledge and resume! - I feel like this one is a "we don't have ten good things to say so lets bullshit something."


If you are a college student, I recommend checking out your school on here. Its fun to laugh at everything. Plus, a big plus actually, it will allow you to procrastinate about 10 more minutes from doing your required readings.

1 comment:

  1. Nice blog!! thanks for this blog!
    Microscopes are used by science student.

    ReplyDelete