Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Michael Write Interview 9/11

If you live in the United States, I'm 100% sure you knew the significance of yesterday, September 11th. I chose not to post because my little story of being in Mrs. Woods third grade class is nothing compared to the stories of the people that were there. Plus I knew that every other blog and person on facebook would be posting, and what is just one more "We Remember" post? Nothing. It does nothing. It doesn't undue what has been done, it doesn't bring back the dead.

As I was perusing Facebook today, I noticed my friend Courtney had posted a link to an article about 9/11. I don't know why I chose to click on it. I didn't click on any of the millions posted yesterday. Heck, I didn't even read half the 'I remember when it happened, I will never forget, ect' post. But for some reason, this one really popped out at me. I opened the link, checked my email, read an article about Pretty Little Liars and then finally clicked over to the Michael Wright Interview.

I didn't know what to expect. But reading the first paragraph, or as my teacher says 'the lead', I was instantly hooked. Read it; it isn't hard to see why.

At 8:48 on the morning of September 11, Michael Wright was a thirty-year-old account executive working on the eighty-first floor of the World Trade Center. Two hours later, he was something else. The story of his escape is the fastest 3,863 words you will ever read.

If you never read anything else about 9/11 for the rest of your life, let this be your finally selection. This is an amazing account by a survivor of the attacks. Beware though: I almost started crying in the study room of Mano while reading this. Read the Michael Wright Interview. Just do it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment